2017 Future Trends Forum: Dental Procedure Claims Data - What it Means for Your Business
If you missed the 2017 DTA Future Trends Forum: Dental Procedure Claims Data - What it Means for Your Business, here are some highlights of a new DTA dental market trends report that was revealed during the Chicago Midwinter Meeting.
P&R Dental Strategies, LLC, Chief Operating Officer Ty Hamilton shared new data about dental procedures that are tracked by submitted claims to dental insurance companies. In addition, attendees received new information about shifts in demand, regional variability, and seasonal timing for dental procedures that are not readily evident from traditional sales tracking and analysis.
Some of the informational highlights that can impact DTA members’ business strategy moving forward included:
- Single-site dental practices still lead the number and type of dental practice despite recent growth in affiliated practices with 91 percent of dental practice locations being unaffiliated single-location practices. Only 5 percent of dental practice locations are affiliated with large groups.
- Nine percent of active dentists are with large group practices.
- Ninety-five percent of dental practice locations are not part of a large group practice.
- Affiliated group practices perform more procedures per patient than
independent (unaffiliated) practices, particularly in specialty services such as
endodontics, periodontics and implants.
- Third quarter 2016 statistics show (per 100 patients) a continued increase in imaging, preventive, periodontic and implant treatments while showing a continued decrease for restorative and endodontic treatments.
This information can be vital for DTA member companies as they compete in today’s marketplace. That’s why we’re proud to announce a new data report, DentalMarketTrendsTM. The report was developed in partnership with DentalMarketIQ and the DTA Market Data Executive Committee and will be released quarterly to provide needed information about submitted claims data for total procedures. In addition, there will be specific information in the categories of preventative, restorative, diagnostic imaging, endodontics periodontics and implant services broken down by region, population density and provider type. Keep watch in your email inbox for more information about the DentalMarketTrendsTM report.