Celebrating 15 Years of Impactful Funding… Together!
This text will be replaced with the slideshow
In 2017, DTA Foundation donors supported 9 innovative pilot projects designed to increase access to oral health care and broaden awareness of oral health’s impact on overall health. Funded projects received $25,000 each and include:
3 unique projects related to special needs patients:
- New product development to help those who are disabled and unable to easily hold a toothbrush
- Development of a Medical-Dental-Policy-NGO-Academic Interprofessional Partnership program
- Digital dentistry for oral rehabilitation of patients with special needs
2 focused on older Americans:
- Oral health education and peer ambassador program for low income seniors
- Leveraging recent legislation (S. 192) to increase access to care for older Americans, with a long-term goal of oral health homes for seniors
1 that involves teledentistry programs for kids:
- Implementation of telehealth dentistry at high-needs elementary schools creating a Virtual Dental Home
- Innovative teledentistry and portable care program serving children and pregnant women in an underserved community of new immigrants
1 that involves improving oral health and reducing pain due to mucositis in medically compromised dental patients
1 that will develop new messaging to help states understand the importance of oral health coverage through the Children’s Health Insurance Program
Your support also funded 27 $5,000 scholarships to third and fourth year dental students who have shown a strong commitment to community service. That is up from 10 scholarships funded in 2016! See how these scholarships, thanks to your donations, are changing lives.
We closed out the year at the DTA Annual Meeting where attendees enthusiastically donated a combined $110,650 to support dental student scholarships! When combined with the support of the DTA Foundation Scholarship program founding funder, the Robert J. Sullivan Family Foundation, and long-standing support from the Dr. Edward B. Shils Entrepreneurial Fund and Crown Seating, the foundation will be able to fund 32 scholarships in 2018.
Through the DTA Foundation annual fund, you generously pledged and donated more than $400,000 in 2017. Your commitment to the annual fund, no matter how large or small, will combine to support even more innovative pilot projects in 2018.
Thank you for coming together as an industry to make amazing things happen…together!