DTA Foundation to award up to $225,000 for 9 grants in 2017
The 2017 grant process is now closed. Organizations that have submitted a preliminary proposal summary will receive an outcome notification no later than March 22, 2017. If your organization did not submit a preliminary proposal summary, you are not eligible to submit a full grant application for the 2017 process. If you are interested in applying for DTA Foundation grant funding in 2018, please click here and request to be added to our mailing list. The information below is for reference only.
The DTA Foundation will award nine $25,000 grants in 2017, one of which will be a joint DTA Foundation/Dental Lifeline Network grant.
Preliminary proposal summaries are welcome from, but not limited to, dental organizations, dental schools, universities, government and/or community based non-profit groups for programs located in the United States and its territories.
Evaluation of Preliminary Proposal Summaries
The DTA Foundation’s priority is to award grants to projects that can leverage additional funding and expansion in other geographic areas. Programs that are solely local in scope and do not appear to be reproducible nationally or over a greater population, thus limited to attracting additional outside funding for future years, are considered outside the scope of current funding parameters.
The DTA Foundation Grants Committee Chairman and the DTA Foundation Executive Director will review all preliminary proposal summaries. Applicants will be invited to submit a full grant application to the Grants Committee based on the following areas:
DTA Foundation Grant (eight $25,000 grants available):
- Innovation, originality, and creativity
- Ability of program to attract additional funding following pilot completion
- Sustainability of the program past the funding period
- Ability to use project as a model program for expansion in other geographic areas
- Ability of program to address the core purpose of the DTA Foundation
- Potential impact on target audience or goal
DTA Foundation/Dental Lifeline Network Grant (one $25,000 grant available):
The DTA Foundation funds one project each year that meets all the general grant requirements along with the criteria below:
- Ability to provide access to comprehensive dentistry for individuals with disabilities or who are elderly or medically compromised and have no other way to get help.
We do not fund:
- Existing/ongoing dental clinics
- Ongoing projects
- Mobile dental vans
- Staff salaries (unless it is a new position that is part of a new innovative project)