Grant Criteria & Application
The 2019 preliminary grant proposal process is now closed. Invitations for full applications will be sent no later than March 20th.
Click here to be redirected to the contact us form to be added to the mailing list for DTA Foundation grant program updates.
The DTA Foundation will award ten (10) $25,000 grants in 2019.
Preliminary proposal summaries are welcome from, but not limited to, dental organizations, dental schools, universities, government and/or community based groups for programs located in the United States and its territories. Applicants must be a legal non-profit entity.
Evaluation of Preliminary Proposal Summaries
The DTA Foundation’s priority is to award grants to projects that can leverage additional funding and expansion in other geographic areas. Programs that are solely local in scope and do not appear to be reproducible nationally or over a greater population, thus limited to attracting additional outside funding for future years, are considered outside the scope of current funding parameters.
The DTA Foundation Grants Committee Chairman and the DTA Foundation Executive Director will review all preliminary proposal summaries. Applicants will be invited to submit a full grant application to the Grants Committee based on the following areas:
DTA Foundation Grant (ten $25,000 grants available):
- Innovation, originality, and creativity
- Ability of program to attract additional funding following pilot completion
- Sustainability of the program past the funding period
- Ability to use project as a model program for expansion in other geographic areas
- Ability of program to address the core purpose of the DTA Foundation
- Potential impact on target audience or goal
We do not fund:
- Existing/ongoing dental clinics
- Ongoing projects
- Mobile dental vans
- Staff salaries (unless it is a new position that is part of a new innovative project)