DTA Small Business Task force
The DTA Small business Task Force was formed to assist businesses navigate during the COVID-19 crisis. This platform provides and opportunity and ultimately exchange ideas with others in our industry who may be experiencing similar issues and may be able to help. Source materials, request information on HR issues, SBA loan opportunities, banking, sales and marketing are some of the areas where the Task force may help. Use the platform as a resource for shared information and idea exchange. Timely information including Industry news, federal and state updates, new guidelines and more will also be included.
ARTICLE | How to Prepare for Reopening Your Workplace
WEBINAR | Best Dental Practices During COVID-19
CDC | Workplaces During the COVID-19 Pandemic
FDA | FAQ on Shortages of Masks & Gowns During the COVID-19 Pandemic
NAM | New Operational Practices to Consider in the Time of COVID-19
Newest HPI Poll Data Show 65% of Dental Practices Back Open:
Dental practices continue to rebound as 65% were back open the week of May 18, according to the fifth round of results released May 26 from the ADA Health Policy Institute poll on the impact of COVID-19. 38% of practices reported that their patient volume had returned to pre-COVID-19 levels.
The fifth wave of this poll, collecting data from over 6,500 dentists in private practice for the week of May 18, shows positive signs of recovery among dental practices.
Re-Opening the Dental Office Toolkit:
- Welcome Back Reassurance Sample Letter that reassures patients of your office’s commitment to maintaining up-to-date infection control procedures.
- Pre-Appointment Screening Process to screen patients for symptoms of COVID-19 before the appointment and to inform them about the measures they will have to take upon arrival and during their visit.
- In-Office Patient Registration Procedures measures for dental teams to implement at the front-desk before reopening the practice.
- Reception Area Preparation strategies to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission during patient visits.
- Chairside Checklist that includes procedures for dentists and staff while in the operatory rooms and until the patient’s room is cleaned and disinfected.
- Staff Protection Strategies that includes recommendations for in-office clothing, pregnant staff, and a daily COVID-19 daily screening log for office staff and associates to use before entering the practice.
- A Shopping List
FDA Industry Hotline: COVID-19 Diagnostic Tests and Shortages:
For Industry Questions: COVID-19 diagnostic tests and COVID-19 device shortages, including all personal protective equipment (PPE), such as masks and respirators.
Choose option *
Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM (MIDNIGHT) EST.
Weekends and Holidays: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.