Last Updated: 2/6/2017
The following describes the types of personal and other information we may collect about you, and how we use and maintain that information:
If you provide us with a telephone number, postal address or an email address, you expressly agree that we, or our authorized agents, can use that information to contact you about the DTA and its associated activities.
We may keep any information that you provide to us indefinitely.
Our web servers may collect the IP address of visitors to our Sites. We may use this information to measure the use of our Sites, including number of visits, average time spent on a Site, pages viewed, etc., and to improve the content we offer. We may share with third parties this information or other data on an aggregated basis without the use of any information that personally identifies you.
Types of cookies we may use on our Sites include:
- Session cookies: These temporary cookies expire and are automatically erased whenever you close your browser window. We may use session cookies to grant our users access to content and to enable actions such as remembering form or payment information as you are in the process of entering it.
- Persistent cookies: These cookies usually have an expiration date in the distant future and remain in your browser until they expire or you manually delete them. We may use persistent cookies to better understand usage patterns so we can improve a Site for our users. For example, we may use a persistent cookie to associate you with your account or to remember your choices on a Site.
- Third-party cookies: We may permit third-party service providers to place cookies through our Sites to provide us with better insights into the use of the Sites or user demographics or to provide relevant services to you. These third parties may collect information about a user’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our Sites. For example, we may use a third-party tool to analyze usage patterns of the Sites. Such a tool may generate a cookie to capture information about your use of a Site which the third-party provider uses to compile reports on website activity for us and to provide other related services. The third-party provider may use a portion of your IP address to identify its cookie. We do not control the use of third-party cookies or the resulting information and we are not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
We do not use technology that recognizes a “do-not-track” signal from your web browser, because we do not track users other than for aggregate statistical purposes.
When you engage in any financial transaction through a Site, you will be asked to provide certain of your financial information, such as your credit card number and billing address. Unless you register with the Site, we will only keep this information as long as necessary to complete the transaction or series of recurring transactions authorized by you.
If you have subscribed to or are otherwise receiving DTA news or similar information from us by email and no longer want to receive such information in the future, you may opt out of receiving these emails by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of those emails you receive. Please allow ample time for us to process your request. If you are having difficulty unsubscribing, please contact us here.
Please note that even if you opt out of receiving emails, you may still receive communications related to your interaction with us (such as confirmation of a registration or form submission) or otherwise as required by law. Also note that we may need to keep information we have collected about you for record-keeping, research and other purposes.
We will not share, rent, sell or otherwise disclose any Personal Information that we collect about you through our Sites, except in any of the following situations:
- You request or authorize the release of your Personal Information.
- We may use the Personal Information we collect from you to communicate with you about membership, registrations, events and education, and other DTA activities and to conduct research and analysis.
- We may disclose Personal Information that we collect about you to our third-party contractors and payment processors who perform services for us in connection with the Sites, or to complete or confirm a transaction or series of transactions that you conduct with us. We may also disclose Personal Information to service providers or suppliers if the disclosure will enable that party to perform business, professional or technical support for us.
We may also share aggregated or anonymous information that cannot identify you with third parties. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to a Site or the number of people who have downloaded a particular document.
If you are under the age of 13, please do not use or access the Sites. It is not our intention to collect or use Personal Information from anyone under 13 years of age, and we will not knowingly do so. If we are made aware that we have collected any Personal Information from children under the age of 13, and are asked to delete such information from our databases, we will promptly do so.
If you access a Site from outside of the United States, information that we collect about you will be transferred to servers inside the United States and maintained indefinitely, which may involve the transfer of information out of your country of origin. By allowing us to collect information about you, you consent to such transfer and processing of your data.